MONROE — Mercury that spilled from a broken thermometer and was found in a Dumpster early today outside the Mercy Memorial Hospital building in Monroe has been cleaned up, authorities said.
Mark Hammond, director of the Monroe County Emergency Management Division, said the spilled mercury was contained in the Dumpster and cleaned up after it was found some time before 8 a.m., at which time he was informed of it.
“It was never a public hazard,” Mr. Hammond said.
Monroe is about 25 miles north of Toledo.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.