LOS ANGELES A bid by Britney Spears for custody of her two young sons with Kevin Federline was put on hold Friday by a court commissioner after a three-hour closed hearing, a lawyer for Federline said.
Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon was expected to issue a written ruling by next Tuesday after hearing extensive testimony on a number of issues in the case, lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan said.
Spears did not comment after the hearing. But during an earlier break in the proceedings, she uttered an epithet at a reporter in the hallway who asked how the proceedings were going.
Attorney Sorrell Trope, who represents Spears, said something has changed, but I can t say what. He said Spears was pleased, but he declined further comment.
Gordon has previously said there was evidence that Spears is a habitual, frequent and continuous user of drugs and alcohol, withdrew approval for her to even visit the children after finding she had failed to comply with some conditions for shared custody.
He later withdrew the ban and allowed her to visit Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1 but only in the presence of a court-approved monitor.
Read more in later editions of The Blade and toledoblade.com
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.