DETROIT (AP) — An official says a suspicious fire burned a Detroit home where four people were found shot to death earlier this week.
Senior Chief Doug Lyon of the Detroit Fire Department tells The Detroit News and Detroit Free Press that the fire at the home was reported Wednesday night, less than 24 hours after the bodies were found. No one was injured in the blaze, which was extinguished within an hour.
Radio station WWJ-AM reports the fire appeared to have started in several spots.
Officers on Tuesday night discovered the bodies of a teenage boy, two men and woman at the home. Investigators have said they believed the killings were drug-related.
No arrests have been reported. The killings were the latest in what has been a particularly violent year in Detroit.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.