FANNING SPRINGS, Fla. — Authorities say a 6-year-old north Florida boy is dead after two family pit bulls attacked him outside his home.
Levy County Sheriff Bobby McCallum tells the Gainesville Sun that the attack occurred Thursday morning in Fanning Springs after the boy’s father went to work.
McCallum says the boy was followed by the pit bulls when he went outside to play and that an aunt watching him didn’t notice anything unusual.
Later, the aunt looked outside and saw the boy lying in the driveway.
The sheriff says the dogs were well cared for and had current shots. They were seized by Levy County Animal Control.
- Jackson has triple-double, leads Pistons over Magic 111-97
- Verlander leaves with triceps cramping in Tigers' loss
- A-Rod cousin pleads guilty in Fla. steroids case
- Heart of the order big for Tigers in 6-4 win over Orioles
- Cabrera makes debut at 1B, does well as Tigers beat Marlins