• Adrian Farmers' Market, city parking lot downtown, 100 block of Toledo Street, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesdays and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays through October. 517-265-6348.
• Basketball Tournament at Erie St. Joseph's, 2238 Manhattan St.,Sept. 2. Send complete roster with check or money order to St. Joseph's Parish, c/o Brad Liedel, 2850 Luna Pier Rd., Erie, Mich. 48133. For information: Brad Liedel, 734-848-2827 or 734-777-1934. Boys and girls. Entry fee $85 per team ages 12 year and up; $55 per team ages 11 years and under.
• St. Joseph's Erie Annual Labor Day Weekend Festival, 2214 Manhattan St., Erie, from 5:30 p.m. Sept. 3 to 12:30 a.m. Sept. 4, from noon Sept. 4 to 12:30 a.m. Sept. 5, and from 12:30 p.m. Sept. 5 to 12:30 a.m. Sept. 6. Live entertainment featuring Haywire, Second Wind, and Hoozier Daddy. Specialty dinnres, raffles, bingo, games, rides, and more. Battle of the bands contest for teens in gymnasium on Sept. 3, admission fee $3 for this event only. Teams needed for chili cook-off, softball, basketball, and horseshoe tournaments. 734-848-6125.
• Spring Bulb Fund-raiser for the Thompson Museum Gardens. Prices vary by bulb type and quantity, but prices start at $2. Order by calling 517-448-8125 or email@example.com or at the museum's booth at the Hudson's Farmer's Market, 323 West Main St., every Sat. from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Household Hazardous Waste events at Kroger Grocery Store, 3462 West Sterns, from 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 2.
• Golf for Hope, 7 a.m., Sept. 4, Bedford Hills Golf Club, 6400 Jackman Rd., Temperance. Pre-pay discount until Sept. 3. With their registration each golfer will receive: 18 holes of golf, use of cart, continental breakfast, warm up on range prior to the event, a fabulous hog roast luncheon, a goody bag and team picture and awards presentation. Cost: $75 per person and $250 per team. Information: 419-241-6579. Proceeds to benefit Toledo Gospel Rescue Mission.
• 5th Annual Molly Margaret Memorial Golf Outing at Bedford Hills Golf Club, 6400 Jackman Rd., Temperance, Mich., Sept. 11. Four man scramble at 1 p.m. Cost: $100 per person. Mission is to provide assistance to the families of children with severe heart defects. Donations to The Molly Margaret Foundation can be made to any Key Bank.
• Outside Flea Market Crafts Bake Sale at Resurrection Catholic Church, 1835 West Temperance Rd., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 11. Crafters and vendors wanted. Call 734-847-5052.
• Medication Waste Disposal at Carr Park Community Center, 9240 Lewis Ave., from 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 2.
• Caring Alternatives Sexual Assault Recovery Program, confidential information free of charge through its hot line, 734-243-6410, and a weekly support group. Individual therapy for adults and children ages 3 and older; call 734-242-8711 for information and fees.
• MOMS Club of Monroe County West meets 10 a.m. the last Tuesday each month at New Life Church, 6023 Summerfield Rd. Information: 734-819-6142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Music, dancing, jam session, 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, VFW Post 3265, 5416 North Summit St. Area musicians invited to participate. 419-729-9282.
• “Back-to-School” Kid's Fun Fair at the Body of Christ Fellowship Church, 5612 West Bancroft St., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 11. Free health screenings for children who are without health insurance. Any child requiring eyeglasses will receive a voucher for a free eye examination by a local eye doctor and a voucher for a free pair of eyeglasses. The Toledo Health Department will provide immunizations. All children who attend will receive free school supplies. Free gifts to the first 50 boys and first 50 girls. Call 419-464-8586.
• Senior Discovery Days at The Toledo Zoo, 2700 Broadway St., 419-385-5721, Sept. and Oct. Free admission and special events each Tuesday. Call to reserve a spot on a specific tour at ext. 2110. For information: toledozoo.org/events/seniordiscovery.
• Toledo's 4th Annual Out of the Darkness Community Walk for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Sept. 11, at Olander Park, 6930 Sylvania Ave., Sylvania, 419-882-8313. Registration at park at 9 a.m. with walk at 10 a.m. To register, donate or learn more: outofthedarkness.org.
• Free English Classes for speakers of other languages through the Owens Community College ABLE Program in the Washington Local Campus site, 3939 Wrenwood, Toledo, 419-473-2364. Classes will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-3 p.m.
• Wildwood Preserve, 5100 West Central Ave., has these activities scheduled: Tea in the Solarium, Manor House, noon to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 3, cost $7 and $.60 for each additional item, to register call 419-490-1302; Troubleshoot Your Landscape, Metroparks Hall, 1-4 p.m. Sept. 4, cost $10. Reservations needed; 419-407-9700.
• Side Cut Explorer: Side Cut Park, 1025 West River Rd., Maumee, Riverview Area, 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Tuesdays through October. Cruise along the banks of the Maumee River and down the canal in an open air trolley. Wheelchair accessible tram. Reservations needed. Cost: $2. 419-407-9700
• Glass City Singles Dance and Parties, for singles 21 and up at Gladieux Meadows, 4480 Heatherdowns, Sept. 5, 7 p.m. to 1 a.m., toledosingles.com.
• Maumee Valley Heritage Corridor has scheduled narrated history and architectural tours aboard the Sandpiper boat on the Maumee River through September. Dates for the two-hour cruises are 1 p.m. Sept. 5, and 1 p.m. Sept. 19. The cost is $18 per person, or $15 for members of any historical organization in the Maumee Valley. For reservations, call the Sandpiper at 419-537-1212.
• Jermain Park Shuffleboard Club plays 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays each week through September at Upton and North Cove. To join, call 419-824-5173.
• Bed bugs is the topic at Toledo Botanical Gardens, 5403 Elmer Drive, 1-3 p.m. Sept. 2. Dr. Susan Jones, OSU Extension Entomologist and Researcher will give the latest information, identification tools, and control techniques. Free and open to the public. For reservations call 419-578-6783 or email@example.com.
• Local 14 Women's Committee Annual Flea Market at the UAW Local 14 Hall, 5411 Jackman Rd., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 12. Park-N-Shine Car Show at Oscar Bunch Family Park. Vendors space available inside or out, $15 or $10 each. Contact: Robin Marr, 419-297-0609 or Lori Schultz, 419-344-4791.
• Ecumenical Bereavement Support Group at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish in the Emmaus Room, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., 3-4:30 p.m. Sept. 7. Speaker: Susie Waible-Rose.
• Flag Football, City of Toledo Division of Recreation and Toledo Community Recreation Program, ages: 6-8 years, 9-11 years, 12-14 years; $150/team, individuals welcome. Games at Scott Park Sports Complex, Monday-Friday, begining Sept. 14, 5 p.m., 5:45 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. To register call, Jim at 419-936-3090 or 419-356-1077 by Sept. 1. Flag Football information will be held on Sept. 1 at 2 p.m. at the Zablocki Center, 3015 Lagrange St.
• Toledo Gem and Rockhound Club's 39th Annual Jewelry, Gem and Mineral Show at the Stranahan Theater Complex, 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd., 2-8 p.m. Sept. 10, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 11, and 5 p.m. Sept. 12. Donation is $4 for adults, $3 for students and seniors over 55 with ID. Children under 12 with an adult and scouts in uniform are free.
• “Singing for Survivors” Karaoke Fund-raiser to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's annual Light the Night Walk, 4-8 p.m. Sept. 5 at El Camino Real Mexican Restaurant, 2500 Sylvania Ave.; $5 donations will be accepted to participate in karaoke. Contact: Charmaine Davis, 216-370-7855 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Sheri Kellner at 216-910-1217.
• Auditions: Adult singers needed for the musical fundraiser hosted by the Perrysburg Musical Theatre Company. The musical “Mostly Menken” will feature songs of Alan Menken, Oct. 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Perrysburg High School auditorium and hosted by Broadway actor Jody Madaras. PMT will be holding an open call by appointment from 6-9 p.m. Sept. 1 at the Zoar Lutheran Church, 314 East Indiana Ave. Call 419-270-3224 or e-mail email@example.com.