● Northview High School presents: The Sound of Music at Sylvania Northview Theater, 5403 Silica Dr., 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday. $12 for adults, $10 for students and seniors. Details: 419-824-8719 or northviewtheatre.org.
● Adopt-A-Thon pet adoption event at Sylvania Vet, 4801 North Holland-Sylvania Rd., noon-3 p.m. Sunday. Dogs and cats of all ages up for adoption.
● Feather party at the Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Hwy. 109, 5-10 p.m. Friday. Details: 419-822-3294.
● Business librarian Barbara Stein at the Sanger Branch Library, 3030 West Central Ave., 7-8 p.m. today. An introduction to American Business/Reference USA and Business Source Premier. Registration: 419-259-5209.
● Toledo Astronomical Association viewing at the Nederhouser Community Shelter of Olander Park, 7-10 p.m. Friday. Free. Directions: 419-535-8775 or email@example.com.
● Toledo School for the Arts present: The Birth of Cool at 425 Jefferson Ave., 7 p.m. Friday. Tickets: $35. Sponsored by Heartland and The Blade. Information and tickets: 419-246-8732, ext. 217 or thebirthofcool.eventbrite.com.
●Wine tasting, dinner, and silent auction at the Premier Banquet Complex, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., 6:30-9 p.m. Friday. $50 per person. Proceeds will benefit St. George Cathedral and the Church School Building Fund. Information: 419-475-7054 or 419-873-3463.
● Corner Dental and Toledo 5 with the American Red Cross blood drive at 4321 Talmadge Rd., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. All donors will receive a free goody bag. Appointments: 800-RED CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code TOLEDO5. Walk-ins accepted. Donors must be in good health and at least 17 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds.
● Calvary Women’s Ministry luncheon for cancer awareness, 702 Collingwood Blvd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.
● Central Catholic High School annual dinner auction at the Central Catholic Sullivan Center, 2550 Cherry St., 5 p.m. Saturday. All proceeds benefit the school’s scholarship fund. $125 per person. Reservations and information: 419-469-8757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Former NASA flight director Gene Kranz speaking at Central Catholic High School, 2550 Cherry St., 2 p.m. Nov. 28. Admission: $15 per person. Information and tickets: 419-255-2280.
● Free Thanksgiving meals for those in need at the Toledo Gospel Rescue Mission, 1917 Jefferson Ave., 5 p.m. Nov. 24. Open to all. Information: 419-241-6579.
● Christmas craft show at St. Clement Rosary-Altar Society Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Dec. 1. Free. Information: 419-472-2111.
● 2012 Westmoreland Holiday Home Tour in the historic Westmoreland district, a mile east of University of Toledo, 3-6:30 p.m. Dec. 9. The event is a collaboration with the Toledo Northwest Ohio Food Bank. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at local businesses or at westmorelandassociation.org. Details: 419-491-0448.
● Toledo Base Submarine Veterans monthly meeting at Charley’s Restaurant, 6945 West Central Ave., 6:30 p.m. the Nov. 19. Information: 419-459-4985 or email@example.com.
● A Political Tribute to James H. Brennan, Sr. opening at the Toledo-Lucas County Main Library, 325 Michigan St., open during library hours through Dec. 31. Information: 419-259-5266.
● Toledo Area Ministries Feed Your Neighbor food pantry at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., the second Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m.-noon. Free food. Details: 734-856-2921.
● Community blood drive at the EPIC Center, 124 North Main St., noon-6 p.m. Nov. 19. Last appointments at 5:45 p.m. Positive identification required. Information and appointments: 419-340-0987 o rredcrossblood.org.
● Gingerbread house-making course at Sauder Village, 22611 Ohio 2, 10-11:30 a.m. Nov. 24. $10 instruction fee, and a $20 supply fee per house. Information: 800-590-9755 or saudervillage.org.
● Chicken pie supper at First Christian Church, 129 East Elm St., 4:30-7 p.m. Wednesday.
● Cover crop field day at the Robert Fulton Agriculture Center, 8770 State Rt. 108, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Wednesday. The Fulton County Natural Resources Conservation Service will discuss benefits of cover crops. Information: 419-337-9664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Texas Hold ’Em Tournament at the American Legion, 1105 North Shoop Ave., 1 p.m. Saturday. A spaghetti dinner will follow. The event is to benefit Chiari Malformation research. Information and tickets: 419-906-7445 or 419-822-6049.
● Bedford Artists Club meeting at the Bedford Library, 8575 Jackman Rd., 7 p.m. Nov. 20. Information: 734-854-1958.
● Machine Embroidery Guild meetings are the second Saturday of each month at Quilt Heaven Quilt Shop, 8177 Secor Rd., 11 a.m. Membership information: 419-841-5373.
● Craft and food bazaar at the North Cape Yacht Club, 11850 Toledo Beach Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Lunch served to benefit the NCYC Junior Sailing program.
● Craft show at Bible Fellowship Church, 14395 South Telegraph Rd., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 24. Information: 419-410-0672.
● Christmas festival and bake sale at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 1. Lunch served from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Hosted by the Women of Zion. Information: 734-856-3300 or 734-850-2923.
● Made-to-order, all-you-can-eat breakfast at VFW Post 2898, 3925 W. Alexis Rd., 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Nov. 24. Cost: $6. 419-473-9649.
● VFW Post 9656 all-you-can-eat breakfast, 4120 Piehl Rd., Lambertville, Mich., 8:30-11:30 a.m. Nov. 25. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors over 60; $3.50 children under 13. Information: 734-856-3245.
● Monroe Community College’s Cuisine 1300 Restaurant offers lunches in the Audrey M. Warrick Administration Building, 1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, 11:30-11:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday. Reservations: 734-384-4231 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Cash or personal checks only.
● Chicken paprikas dinner at Grace United Methodist Church, 1463 W. Samaria Rd., Samaria, Mich., 4:30-7 p.m. Friday. Cost: $9 adults; $5 children 5 and under. 734-856-6430/856-3490.
● SAL pork chop dinner, American Legion Wauseon Post 265, 1105 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 6-8 p.m. Friday.Cost: $9 per dinner.
● Calvary United Methodist Church hosting a Swiss steak dinner at Tontogany American Legion Hall, 18086 Tontogany Rd., 5-6:30 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $9 adults; $4.50 children 10 and under.
● A traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Christ the King Church, 4100 Harvest Lane at Monroe St., 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 22. All are welcome. Free. Because of school transportation regulations, bus service is no longer provided. 419-475-4348
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St,, Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Health program with speaker Patrick Hartory, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Learn about foods shown to help slow mental aging and learn exercises to help fight Alzheimer’s disease.
● Financial empowerment sessions with Fifth Third Bank, 6-7:30 p.m. Nov. 19 and 6 p.m. Dec. 17.
Sylvania Branch Library
6749 Monroe St.; 419-882-2089.
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Wednesdays.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
● Preschool sign language, 10:45 a.m. Wednesday.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● Senior Sense: Prevent & Manage Diabetes, 2-3 p.m. Wednesday. Registration: 734-240-7849.
● Digital photo editing 2, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
● Book club, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Preschool Storytime, 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11:30-12:30 Mondays.
● Small Fries, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursdays and Tuesdays.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
● Homeschool computer class, 10 a.m.-noon, Wednesday. Research databases and Iternet access available. Cookbook club, noon Friday.
Lenawee County Library
4459 W. U.S. 223, Adrian; 517-263-1011.
● Family storytime, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Computer classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. every Tuesday. Bring projects and share ideas with other knitters and crochet buffs.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Knitting group, 6 p.m. Thursdays. Call for information.
● Craft book of the month, noon, Wednesday. Registration required.
● Microsoft Office basics, 1-3 p.m. Friday. Registration required.
Tecumseh District Library
215 N. Ottawa St.; 517-423-2238.
● Taking the Mystery Out of Your Mystery Ancestor, 7 p.m. Tuesday. Join Karen Krugman for a genealogy seminar.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Chester Zablocki Community Center
3015 Lagrange St.; 419-936-3090.
Open gym for adults, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Believe Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Fridays.
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Lunch at 11:45 a.m. weekdays.
Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m., today.
Quilters, 12:30 p.m., Tuesday.
Kingston of Sylvania
4125 King Rd., Sylvania; 419-872-6200.
Community chats with Kingston, 10 a.m. Friday. Information: kingstonhealthcare.com or 419-724-CARE.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Men’s Breakfast Club, 9-10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Today: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; square dancing, 9:30 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays and Thursdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Fridays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; yoga, 9:30 a.m.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Closed today in observance of Veterans Day.
Thanksgiving bingo, 11 a.m. Nov. 19.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
Cards, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Blood pressure checks, 10:15 a.m. Thursday.
Birthday celebration, 10:45 a.m. Nov. 20.
Closed Nov. 22 for Thanksgiving.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Fulton County Health Center presentation, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Holiday budget and shopping ideas, 11 a.m. Nov. 20.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Wii Bowling league, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Fridays.
Medicare check-up day, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday.
Pepper Party, 1-3 p.m. Wednesday.
Bean bag baseball, 11 a.m. Friday.
Pokeno, 11 a.m. Nov. 19.
Line dancing, 2 p.m. Nov. 19.
Sons of the Old West musical group, 11 a.m. Nov. 20.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
Site council, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Turkeyfoot Creek Farms, 11 a.m. Friday.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance, Mich., ; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: Bridge, 9 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.; line dance, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursday: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Friday: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m,; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; watercolor class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center for Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
Thanksgiving turkey dinner, 11:30 a.m. Friday. RSVP by Wednesday.
Card party, 1-3:30 p.m. Thursday. Tickets are $6 in advance, $7 at the door.
A Bobby Vinton/Frank Sinatra tribute, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 7. Advanced tickets are $12, $15 at the door. Includes dinner and show.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; 20/20 club, 10:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.; sign language class, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Bingo, 1:30 p.m.; 6 p.m.; Bridge, 7 p.m.; wood carvers, 6 to 8 p.m.; coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; Sing-along, 10:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Cribbage, 9 a.m.; bible study, 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; brain aerobics, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Euchre tournament, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.