● Christmas craft show sponsored by 4 Paws Sake local dog rescue, at Advent Lutheran Church, 6735 Sylvania Ave., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Handmade items for sale, as well as a bake sale and sessions for pet pictures from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Information: 419-882-3701.
● Annual Cookie and Candy Walk hosted by Paulding United Methodist Church, 321 North Williams St., Paulding, Ohio, 9 a.m.-noon Dec. 8. Cookies, candies, and other items for purchase. Information: 419-399-3591.
● Christmas craft show at St. Clement Rosary-Altar Society Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday. Free. Information: 419-472-2111.
● Heralding the Holidays at the Toledo Botanical Garden, 5403 Elmer Dr., Dec. 7-9. Local artists and horticulture organizations will offer a wide variety of items for sale, including pottery, glass, jewelry, and more. Information and times: 419-536-5566 or toledogarden.org.
● Community Celebration of Christmas annual concert with the Clarence Smith Community Chorus, at Mt. Pilgrim Church, 1401 Hoag St., 6 p.m. Dec. 8. Featuring Voices of Harmony of Bowling Green and other area groups. Information: 419-534-2299 or cscchorus.org.
● 2012 Westmoreland Holiday Home Tour in the historic Westmoreland district, a mile east of University of Toledo, 3-6:30 p.m. Dec. 9. The event is a collaboration with the Toledo Northwest Ohio Food Bank. Tickets are $15 per person, and can be purchased either at local businesses or at westmorelandassociation.org. Information: 419-491-0448.
● Annual Sounds of Christmas show presented by Central Catholic High School, at the Valentine Theater, 400 North Superior St., 3 p.m. Dec. 9. Performing groups include the Central Catholic Glee Club, Mixed Chorus, Gospel Choir, Concert Band, String Orchestra, and the Irish Dance Team. Call for tickets and information: 419-255-2280, ext. 1137 or centralcatholic.org.
● Craft and gift show at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., noon-3 p.m. Dec. 12. Free. Information: 419-320-8631.
● Lucas County Retired Teachers Association holiday luncheon, noon Dec. 13 at the Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St. Valet parking available. Reservations and a fee of $18.75 are due by Dec. 7. Information: 419-754-3751.
● Family Christmas movie night hosted by Calvary United Methodist Church, 3939 Jackman Rd., 7 p.m. Dec. 14. Free. Information: 419-472-9232.
● Fifth annual cookie walk hosted by St. George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Cathedral, 3754 Woodley Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 15. Buy traditional and ethnic cookies by the pound. Information: 419-475-7054.
● Michigan Special Olympics fund-raising dinner at the Ottawa River Yacht Club, 5844 Edgewater Dr., 5:30 p.m. Dec. 7. Information: 419-450-7061.
● God, Flag, and Country oratory contest at the Eagles Lodge, 304 Main St., 2 p.m. Dec. 15. The contest is open to students 10-15 years old, in which each student may speak up to three minutes about any one of the topics on the program. Information: 419-822-3736 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Second annual Habitat for Humanity Holiday Home Tour featuring homes and churches in the Wauseon area, 2-6 p.m. Dec. 9. Various homes and churches to be showcased. Complimentary refreshments, auction items, prize drawings, and more. Tickets are $10 presale, $12 the day of the tour. Information: 419-335-7000 or habitatfco.org.
● 35th annual Colonial Christmas Craft Show presented by the Historical Society of Bedford, at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 1690 West Sterns Rd., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Handcrafted decorations and more for sale by local artisans. Lunch available for purchase. Information: 734-847-0922.
● Old Frenchtown Christmas hosted by River Raisin National Battlefield Park, 1403 East Elm Ave., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Celebrate the holidays the old French way and learn about French Christmas traditions. Free. Information: 734-243-7136.
● Friends of Companion Animals open house at Monroe Factory Shops, 14500 LaPlaisance Rd., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 8-9. Refreshments, drawings, and door prizes.
● Christmas festival and bake sale at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Baked goods, crafts, gift items, a silent auction, and more. Lunch served from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Hosted by the Women of Zion. Information: 734-856-3300 or 734-850-2923.
● Temperance American Legion Annual Feather Party, 620 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, 7 p.m. Saturday. Meat raffles, door prizes, and meal provided. For questions call 734-847-9245.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie; 734-848-4420.
● Play group, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., 43605; 419-259-4310
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Sanger Branch Library
3030 W. Central Ave.; 419-259-5370.
● Craft In, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Bring your unfinished craft projects.
● Handmade Holiday, 2-3 p.m. Saturday. Hands-on workshop with Claudia Cooper on how to create holiday ornaments.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St., Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Financial empowerment sessions with Fifth Third Bank, 6-7:30 p.m. today and 6 p.m. Dec. 17. Free.
● Weekly chess sessions, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays and 1-3 p.m. Saturdays.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
● Holiday crafts, 4 p.m. Dec. 6. Registration required.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● Open knitting,6-8:45 p.m. today.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday. Warm-up begins at 10:15 a.m.
● Friends of the library meeting, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call for volunteer information.
● Ereader expo, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Try different makes and models of tablets and ereaders.
● Family movie night, 6 p.m. Friday. Registration required.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● River Raisin Institute Film Series, 6:30-8:30 p.m. today. A three-film series event in collaboration with the Monroe County Library System.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
● Stories with Mrs. Claus, 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Extreme couponing seminar, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Registration is required.
● Craft Saturday, 11 a.m. Saturday. Registration required.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Mondays.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. today. A showing of a classic Christmas film.
● Homework helpers, 3-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. National Honor Society students on hand to help tutor.
● Knitting hats, 6 p.m. Thursday.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays. All you can eat. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. Saturdays. Free. 419-693-9082.
● Monroe Community College’s Cuisine 1300 Restaurant offers lunches in the Audrey M. Warrick Administration Building, 1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, 11:30-11:45 a.m. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Fine dining experience provided by students and chefs. Reservations: 734-384-4231 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Cash or personal checks only.
● Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Includes fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587.
● Warsaw roast dinner at Resurrection Polish National Catholic Church, 1835 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, Mich., 5-7 p.m. Dec. 6. Menu: Kielbasa-stuffed pork roast, pierogi, sweet-and-sour cabbage, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, Polish-style coffee cake, dessert, and beverage. Cost: $8. Duck soup available for purchase. Delivery in Bedford Township area call 419-509-1115 (prior to Dec. 6) 734-847-5052.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Chester Zablocki Community Center
3015 Lagrange St.; 419-936-3090.
Open gym, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Believe Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Fridays.
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Lunch at 11:45 a.m. weekdays.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call to register.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Today: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; square dancing, 9:30 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Thursdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Fridays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; yoga, 9:30 a.m.
JFS Senior Adult Center
2700 Pelham Road., Toledo; 419-531-2119.
Doctor and grocery bus, nurse 9 a.m.-1 p.m. weekdays.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin, Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Joyful Noise Dulcimers, 11 a.m. today.
Zingo, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
Health with Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Bingo, 11 a.m. Thursday.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Thursday.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Veterans’ services, 1-2 p.m. Dec. 11. Call 419-337-9299 for appointments.
Wii Bowling League, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Fridays.
Exercise class, 9:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
Homestead Bulk Foods presentation, 12:30 p.m. today.
Pete Villalovos and his musical friends, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Christmas tree decoration, 10 a.m. Wednesday.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
A visit from Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Bingo, 10:45 a.m. Friday.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance, Mich.; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: Bridge, 9 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.; line dance, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursday: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Friday: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m.; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; watercolor class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center for Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
A Bobby Vinton/Frank Sinatra tribute, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 7. Advanced tickets are $12, $15 at the door. Includes roast beef dinner and show.
Movie, 1-3 p.m. Wednesday.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; 20/20 club, 10:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.; sign language class, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Bingo, 1:30 p.m.; 6 p.m.; bridge, 7 p.m.; coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; sing-along, 10:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Cribbage, 9 a.m.; Bible study, 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; brain aerobics, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Euchre tournament, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.