● Annual thespian conference hosted by Sylvania Northview High School, March 1-3. Information: 419-824-8553, 419-824-8670 or northviewtheatre.org/home/.
● East of Cheyenne classic country band performance at the Sylvania American Legion, 5580 Centennial Rd., 7-10:30 p.m. Friday. Information: 419-257-2323.
● Scrapbook fund-raiser at Olivet Lutheran Church, 5840 Monroe St., 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $25. Raffles, breakfast, lunch, and more.
● Senior citizens New Year celebration at Alexis Gardens, 4560 West Alexis Rd., Friday and Saturday. Free. Information: 419-472-7115 or alexisgardens.com.
● Toledo Potters’ Guild pottery classes for adults and chicken starting Jan. 7. Adult classe are 10 weeks, meeting once a week for 2 and a half hours with sessions offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Children’s sessions are for 2 hours on Wednesdays for 10 weeks. For registration and fees, call 419-536-5723 or go to toledopottersguild.org.
● Tai chi for health courses at the Walbridge Senior Center, 705 North Main St., 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, Lutheran Home Community Room, 131 North Wheeling St., 6:30-8 p.m. Jan. 8, at the Maumee Center, 406 Illinois Ave., 9:45-10:45 a.m. and 7:30-8:30 a.m. Thursday, and 9-10:30 a.m. Saturday. Information: 419-537-0131 or email@example.com.
● Toledo Area Ministries Feed Your Neighbor food pantry at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., the second Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m.-noon. Free food. Details: 734-856-2921.
● Dance clinic presented by the Central Catholic High School Dance Team at the Central Catholic Sullivan Center, 2550 Cherry St., 8:30-11 a.m with check-in at 8:15 a.m. for grade K-4 and noon-3 p.m. with check-in at 11:45 a.m. for grades 5-8 on Feb. 2. $25 per student. Information and registration: 419-255-2280 or centralcatholic.org.
●Rose LaRose, a former burlesque headliner in Toledo who has been described as the first burlesque performer to earn $2,000 per week, will be subject of author Ken Dickson’s presentation at the Toledo Club, 235 14th St., following an 11:30 a.m. buffet lunch on Friday. Hosted by American Legion Toledo Post 335. Cost of $14 is payable at the door. Details: 419 382-4401.
●Friends of the Library Book Sale, Washington Branch Library, 5560 Harvest Lane, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday is $2 bag day. Details: 419-259-5330
● Screening of Band of Sisters at the La-Z-Boy Meyer Theater at Monroe County Community College, 7 p.m. Jan. 25. Presented by the Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. $8 for reserved seating. Tickets: 734-384-4272 or bandofsistersmovie.com.
● Cat Fanciers’ Association cat show at Monroe County Community College, 1555 Raisinville Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Jan. 26 and 27. $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $4 for kids 6-12. Information: cfa.org.
● Author Ken Dickson will be discussing Rose LaRose, owner of the historic Town Hall and Esquire Theaters at the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Hosted by the American Legion Toledo Post 335. $14 at the door. Information: 419-382-4401.
● Chili supper and auction at Grace United methodist Church, 1463 West Samaria Rd., 4:30-7 p.m. Friday. $6.50 per person. Information: 734-856-3490.
● Worlds of the Maya hosted by filmmaker Sandy Mortimer at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 1 p.m. Jan. 8. Information: 517-423-6617 or theTCA.org.
● Kick Off the Weight Health Challenge with author Zonya Foco at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 1 p.m. Jan. 13. $10. Information: 517-423-6617 or theTCA.org.
● Illusionist Jason Bishop will be performing at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9. $26 for adults, $24 for seniors, and $20 for youth to 18 years-old. Tickets and information: 517-423-6617 or theTCA.org.
At the Library
All libraries are closed today and Tuesday in observance of New Year’s Day.
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Dial-a-Story at 419-822-5200 available 24 hours a day. Stories change every Monday.
● Storytime for 4-5 year olds begins Jan. 8 at 10 a.m.
● Quilt club, 5:30-7:30 p.m. beginning Jan. 7.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie,.; 734-848-4420.
● Erie book club, 6:30 p.m. second Monday of the month. Registration required.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St,, Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Chess, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays and 1-3 p.m. Saturdays.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Saturday chess players, 9-11 a.m. Saturdays. All skill levels welcome.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
● Book discussion, 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. Call for information.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● One-on-one computer help, 1-3 p.m. Fridays. You are welcome to bring your own devices you want help with. Registration required.
● Everything ereaders, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Registration requested.
● Morning book club, 10:30 a.m.-noon Thursday.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Small Fries, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursdays and Tuesdays.
Maybee Branch Library
8060 Raisin St, Maybee, Mich.; 734-587-3680
● Open gaming, all day Thursday and Friday. Bring friends and family to play games.
Lenawee County Library
4459 W. US Highway 223, Adrian,.; 517-263-1011.
● Computer classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Lenawee Weavers, 10 a.m. Saturdays. Call for information.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Bring projects and share ideas with other knitters and crochet buffs.
● Luna Pier book club, 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. New members welcome.
● Craft Saturdays, 11 a.m. Saturday. Registration required.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Hat knitting group, 6 p.m. Thursday. Knit items to be collected for local schools.
● SAL Breakfast Buffet, American Legion Wauseon Post 265, 1105 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 7:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $7.50 adults; $4 ages 9-12; ages 8 and under free with a paid adult.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus breakfast buffet, Parish Life Center, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Jan. 13. Donation.
● Deerfield American Legion all-you-can-eat breakfast, 105 W. River St., Deerfield, Mich., 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Jan. 13. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors (over 62); $3 children 5-13; and under 5 free.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet by Knights of Columbus of St. Anthony, Fr. John A. Kenna Council, St. Anthony Parish’s Kenna Hall, 4609 St. Anthony Rd., Whiteford Township, Michigan, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Jan. 13. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; and $4 for children 12 and younger. Details. 734-856-2331.
● Chicken dinner, Jan. 10 and Feb. 21 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Lambertville VFW 9656, 4120 Piehl Rd. Cost, $7. Proceeds benefit the post and its programs. 734-856-3245
● Baked steak or sweet and sour pork, 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Delta American Legion Post 373 at 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta. $8. Kids’ meals are available.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Call the individual senior centers for holiday hours and activities.
Chester Zablocki Community Center
3015 Lagrange St.; 419-936-3090.
Believe Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Fridays.
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Lunch at 11:45 a.m. weekdays.
AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m., Thursday.
Kingston of Sylvania
4125 King Rd., Sylvania; 419-872-6200.
Community chats with Kingston, 10 a.m. first and third Fridays of each month. Free informational talks. Information: kingstonhealthcare.com or 419-724-CARE.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Quilting and sewing, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Monday-Thursday, weekly.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Computer club, 4-5 p.m. Wednesdays.
Woodshop, 1-3 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Today: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays and Thursdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Fridays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; yoga, 9:30 a.m.
Friendship Park Community Center
2930-131 St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Computer class, 9 a.m. Mondays.
Western Rounds, 9:30 p.m. Mondays.
Line dancing, 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Exercise with Dr. Judy, 9 a.m. Thursday.
AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Bingo, 9:30 a.m. Fridays.
Today: Computer classes, 9 a.m.; Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m.; exercise, 3 p.m.
Wednesday: Health clinic, 9 a.m.; line dancing, 9:30 a.m.
Thursday: Exercise, 9 a.m.; shuffleboard, 10 a.m.; euchre, 12:30 p.m.
Friday: Bingo, 9:30 a.m.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Veterans’ services, 1-2 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month. Call 419-337-9299 for appointments.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursdays: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Fridays: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Web site: frenchtownsenior.com.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; water color class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center for Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
Newsletter crew, 7 a.m. third Monday of the month.
Wood Carvers, Tuesdays 6-8 p.m.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; 20/20 club, 10:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.; sign language class, 3 p.m.
Wednesday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; Sing-along, 10:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Cribbage, 9 a.m.; bible study, 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; brain aerobics, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Euchre tournament, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.