● Student musician performances from Bowling Green State University at the Manor House at Wildwood Preserve Metropark from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26, and March 19 and 26. Information: 419-407-9726.
● Sylvania schools kindergarten information nights, 7 p.m. at Highland Elementary, 7720 Erie St., Jan 30 and Central Trail Elementary, 4321 Mitchaw Rd., Feb. 5. Information: 419-824-8553 or email@example.com.
● Sylvania First United Methodist Church Christian Preschool open house at 7000 Erie St., 2-4 p.m. Feb. 10. Parents can meet the staff, tour the school, and register for the 2013-2014 school year. Details: 419-885-4249.
● United Way of Northwest Ohio President and CEO Karen Mathison will speak at The Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. $14 at the door. Information: 419-382-4401.
● Pint-Sized Heroes blood drive at Dorr Elementary School, 1205 King Rd., 3:30-8:30 p.m. Friday.
● Euchre tournament at Knights of Columbus Hall, 4256 Secor Rd., 7 p.m. Friday. $5. Details: 419-474-9233.
● Free tax clinic hosted by The Salvation Army in cooperation with The Ohio Benefit Bank, 620 North Erie St., Saturday by appointment. Information: 419-241-3549.
● Dance clinic presented by the Central Catholic High School Dance Team at the Central Catholic Sullivan Center, 2550 Cherry St., 8:30-11 a.m with check-in at 8:15 a.m. for grade K-4 and noon-3 p.m. with check-in at 11:45 a.m. for grades 5-8 p.m. Saturday. $25. Registration: 419-255-2280 or centralcatholic.org.
● Open community events at Alexis Gardens Independent Retirement Community, 4560 West Alexis Rd., 2 p.m. Feb. 8-10. Events include an open talk on diabetes education, the Travel Club and Italy, and a chocolate extravaganza. Information: 419-472-7115 or alexisgardens.com.
● Heart & Soul: Caring for Our Community hosts its 9th annual mental health benefit at Fifth Third Field, 6:30-10 p.m. Feb. 9. $40 per person in advance or $50 at the door. Includes dinner, entertainment, and parking. Details: 419-349-5643 or heartandsoultoledo.com.
● I.M.A. Sunday polka dance at Conn-Wiess American Legion Hall, 2020 West Alexis Rd., 12:30-6 p.m. Feb. 10, March 10, April 7, and May 5. Information: 419-478-6068.
● Valentine’s night dance presented by the Gift of Music program of Gesu Church at 2049 Parkside Blvd., 7 p.m. Feb. 15. Tickets are $10 each. Beer and wine available for purchase at the dance. Tickets: 419-450-0418.
● Emmanuel Christian School open house dinner at 4607 Laskey Rd., Feb. 23. Information: 419-885-7030 or 419-885-3558.
● 2013 Fulton County Relay For Life meetings at the Fulton County Fairgrounds at 7 p.m. Feb. 4, March 4, April 8, May 6 and 20, and June 3. Information: 419-572-1783 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Historical Society of Bedford meeting at the Bedford Library, 8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance, 7 p.m. Feb. 4. 2013 dues will be collected.
● Bedford High School Alumni Association 12th annual Florida reunion at Classic Homestyle Buffet, 2775 Lake Alfred Rd., Winterhaven, Fla., 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 27. Details: 330-335-9922 or bedfordyes.com.
● Forum on local career and technical education offerings with president of the Michigan State Board of Education at the Monroe County Intermediate School District’s Professional Development Center, 1101 South Raisinville Rd., 6 p.m. Feb. 6. Reservations are requested by Feb. 4. Information: 734-242-5799, ext. 1010.
● Transition planning parent information night hosted by the Monroe County Parent Advisory Committee, at Airport High School’s Media Center, 11330 Grafton Rd., Carlton, 6-8 p.m. Feb. 6. Representatives of area community agencies will speak about post-high school services offered to graduates Free; reservations required. Information: 734-654-6208, ext. 2039 or 734-242-5799, ext. 1916.
● 26th annual Black History Month Blues Series concert hosted by the Monroe Library System, at the Monroe County Community College’s Meyer Theater, 1555 South Raisinville Rd., 6 p.m. Feb. 23. The concert will feature The Lionel Young Band, John Latini, Gaye Adegbaloa, and the Rev. Robert B. Jones. Details: 734-241-5277 or monroe.lib.mi.us/blues.htm.
● Illusionist Jason Bishop at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9. $26 for adults, $24 for seniors, and $20 for youth to 18 years-old. Tickets: 517-423-6617 or theTCA.org.
● Annie Jr. presented by the Tecumseh Youth Theater at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., Feb. 22, 23, and 24. $8 and $6 at the door. Information: 517-423-6617.
At the Library
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Chess, 9-11 a.m. Saturdays.
● Discussion of The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, 2 p.m. Feb. 7.
● Everything ebooks seminars to be held at the library downtown, and at various branches in February. Call for times and locations.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● American Cancer Society makeover session event, 6-8 p.m. today. Step-by-step makeover learning sessions led by cosmetology professionals for patients at various stages of cancer treatment.
● Open knitting, 6-8:45 p.m. today.
● Bedford Township Library Advisory Board meeting, 7-8:30 p.m. today.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday.
● Adult reading, 4-6 p.m. Tuesday. Retired educators teach adults reading and literacy skills.
● Paws To Read, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday. Read to a registered therapy dog. Registration required.
● Music and Me, 10 a.m. Saturday. Music program for children ages 19 months-6 years. Registration required.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Dramatic play, 10-11 a.m. today. Open play for children. Registration required.
● Manic Mondays, 3-4 p.m. today. Ages 13 and older.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. Thursday. Registration required.
Maybee Branch Library
8060 Raisin St., Maybee, Mich.; 734-587-3680
● Book club, 7-8 p.m. today.
Lenawee County Library
4459 W. U.S. Highway 223, Adrian; 517-263-1011.
● Family storytime, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Computer classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Lenawee Weavers, 10 a.m. Saturdays.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
● Craft Saturday, 11 a.m. Saturday. Registration required.
Tecumseh District Library
215 N. Ottawa St.; 517-423-2238.
● Local history program: Saline, A Strong Community with Deep Cultural Roots, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
● Breakfast at Riverview Yacht Club, 5981 Edgewater Dr., Point Place, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Sundays. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; $5 children. Benefits the 2013 Commodore’s Ball. 419-729-9251.
● SAL breakfast buffet, American Legion Wauseon Post 265, 1105 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 7:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $7.50 adults; $4 ages 9-12; ages 8 and under free with a paid adult.
● Holy Trinity Parish fish fry in the parish’s Community Center, U.S. 20 and State Rt. 64, Assumption, Ohio, 5-8 p.m. Feb. 8. Cost: $8 adult/carryout; $4 children grades 1-8; preschool free.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus fish fry, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 4:30-7 p.m. Friday. Benefits Boy Scout and Cub Scout Troop 177. Donation: $8 adults.
● Olivet Christian Nursery School pancake dinner in the Christian Life Center of the church, 5840 Monroe St., Sylvania, 5-7 p.m. Feb. 5. Helps fund supplies.
● Baked steak or chicken a la king dinners, Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Hwy. 109, Delta, 5-7 p.m. Friday. Cost: $8 adults; $4 children 4-12 years; free for children under 3. 419-822-4526
● Smoked kielbasa dinner at Resurrection Polish National Catholic Church, 1835 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, 5-7 p.m. Feb. 7. Cost: $8. Delivery in Bedford Township; Call 419-509-1115 in advance. Other: 734-847-5052.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Just Us 2 performance, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Zingo, 10:30 a.m. Feb. 4.
Site council, 10:45 a.m. Feb. 6.
Meredith Grime from the OSU Extension Office, 11 a.m. Feb. 11.
Lenten bible study, 11 a.m. Feb. 13 and Feb. 20.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
Americare bingo, 11 a.m. Feb. 5.
Blood pressure checks, 10:15 a.m. Feb. 14.
Site council, 10:30 a.m. Feb. 14.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Shalom Ministries, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Zingo, 11 a.m. Feb. 5.
Site council, 10:45 a.m. Feb. 7.
Meredith Grime from the OSU Extension office, 11 a.m. Feb. 12.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
R.N. Judy Cook and Heart Health, 11 a.m. Feb. 4.
Pen Pal Valentines craft session, 10 a.m. Feb. 5.
Meredith Grime from the OSU Extension Office, 11 a.m. Feb. 6.
Blankets of Love session, 10:30 a.m. Feb. 8. Blankets for the Dialysis Center in Wauseon.
FCHC Stress Center meeting, 11 a.m. Feb. 11.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
Bingo, 10:45 a.m. Feb. 1.
Fulton County Deputy Sheriff Tracy Zuver, 11 a.m. Feb. 8.
Monroe Center for Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; hearing support, 10 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Tuesday: Chair yoga, 10 a.m.; bingo, 1:30 p.m.; bridge, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Neighbors’ breakfast, 9 a.m.; euchre, 9:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Good Time Cruisers breakfast, 10 a.m.; computer class, 9:30 a.m.; bible study, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.