● An April Shower for Family House with Women’s Connection West, at Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 9:15-11:15 a.m. Friday. $12. Reservations: 419-535-5853.
● Rummage sale at Sylvania United Church of Christ, 7240 Erie St., 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.
● 2nd annual 5K event hosted by the Cancer Connection of Northwest Ohio and Mobile Care Group, Sunday at Secor Metropark. Registration 8 a.m. Race at 9 a.m. Information: cancerconnectionofnorthwestohio.com or 419-725-1100.
● Spring Crafters’ Showcase at Tam-O-Shanter, 7060 Sylvania Ave., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. April 20. Free. Hosted by the Toledo Craftsman’s Guild.
● Author and historian Pastor Larry Michaels will speak at the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Tickets: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Downtown 11K walking tour sponsored by Maumee Valley Vokssporters, beginning at the Weber Building, 101 main St., 9 a.m. Saturday. Walking tour of downtown Toledo. Details: 419-693-8425.
● Community health fair and prostate screening at Cordelia Martin Health Center, 430 Nebraska Ave., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Hosted by the Toledo Council of Black Nurses and the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. Information: 419-531-4310.
● A Night To Remember dedication to Anita Skaff at Rogers High School Theater, 222 McTigue Dr., 7:30 p.m. April 18-20. $10 for adults, $8 for students. Information: 419-671-1000.
● Annual Autism Awareness Breakfast at the Autism Model School, 3020 Tremainsville Rd., 9-10 a.m. April 19. Reservations: 419-917-8335.
● Free health fair at Hope Lutheran Church, 2201 Secor Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. April 20. Screenings will include skin cancer, blood pressure, glucose, hearing, and vision. Information: 419-536-8383.
● Annual landing party breakfast of the Lou Diamond Detachment Marine Corp League at Sommerset Hall, 2458 Tremainsville Rd., 6:30-11:30 a.m. April 28. $25 per person. Tickets: 419-666-3430 or 419-265-1774.
● Toledo Area Ministries Feed Your Neighbor food pantry at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., 10 a.m.-noon Tuesday. Details: 734-856-2921.
● Clean Water for the World 5K walk and run at the University of Toledo Centennial Mall, Saturday. Registration at 10 a.m. Race begins at 11 a.m. $10 registration. Details: firstgiving.com/cw4w/toledow4w.
● Lucas County Retired Teachers Association meeting at Valleywood Golf Club, 13501 Airport Hwy., Swanton, noon April 25. Entertainment by musician Eddie Boggs. $18.95 per person. Information: 419-754-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Salesian Club card party at St. Clement Community Center, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 1 p.m. Sunday. $8 donations accepted. Details: 419-865-5912.
● American Legion Riders meeting at 400 Jones Ave., 7 p.m. today. Information: 734-241-9131.
● Spring Celebration with the Monroe Conservation District at the Monroe County Fairgrounds, 2775 S. Custer Rd., 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. April 19 and 9-11:30 a.m. April 20. Details: 734-241-9432.
● Women’s History Day and Tea at River Raisin National Battlefield Park, 1403 E. Elm St., noon-4 p.m. April 20. Details: nps.gov/rira or 734-243-7136.
● Rummage sale at St. Michael Lutheran Church, 5790 W. Temperance Rd., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. April 27. Information: 734-856-2944.
● Rummage sale at Grace United Methodist Church, 1463 W. Samaria Rd., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m.-noon Friday. Information: 734-856-3490.
● Monroe County Quilt Guild meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday, Monroe Post 1138 Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall, 400 Jones Ave. Details: 734-850-8888.
● Kiwanis Travel Adventure Cinema at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 N. Maumee St., 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. $5. Information: 517-423-6617.
● An Afternoon of Dixieland Music at the Tecumseh Senior Center, 703 E. Chicago Blvd., 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Sponsored by the Tecumseh District Library. Free.
● Junk to Funk eco-fashion show at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 N. Maumee St., 6-8 p.m. April 18. $20 tickets. Information: 517-423-6617.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast at VFW Post 2898, 3925 W. Alexis Rd., 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $6. 419-473-9649.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus breakfast buffet, Parish Life Center, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sunday. Freewill donation.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast at Deerfield American Legion, 105 W. River St., Deerfield, Mich., 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Sunday. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors (over 62); $3 children 5-13; and under 5 free.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet by Knights of Columbus of St. Anthony, Fr. John A. Kenna Council, St. Anthony Parish’s Kenna Hall, 4609 St. Anthony Rd., Whiteford Township, Michigan, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; and $4 for children 12 and younger. Details: 734-856-2331.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 4:30-7 p.m. April 19. Suggested donation: $8 adults.
● Taco dinner at VFW Auxiliary 3265, 5416 N. Summit St., 4-7 p.m. April 18. Contact: Jane Graybell, 419-727-1081.
● Steak fry at VFW Post 606, 3005 W. Laskey Rd., 4-7 p.m. Saturday. Cost: Steak dinner $8; shrimp dinner $12; combo $10. 419-473-9557.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Community Matter at the Library, 3:30 p.m. April 15. Ages 5-9.
● Cholesterol screening, 3:30-7 p.m. today.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie,.; 734-848-4420.
● Erie book club, 6:30 p.m. today. Registration required.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Film FOCUS Independent Film Festival, 6:15 p.m. Mondays in the McMaster Center. Call for film selections.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● Microsoft Office Word basics, 2-3 p.m. today. Registration required.
● River Raisin Institute, 6:30-8:30 p.m. today.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday.
● Spirit, Mind, Body Book Club, 1-2 p.m. Tuesday. Registration required.
● Adult reading, 4-6 p.m. Tuesday. Teaching adults reading and literacy skills.
● Meet the Author with L. Ken Rogers, 7-8 p.m. Tuesday.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Manic Mondays, 3-4 p.m. today. Ages 13 and up.
● Spring Fever, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Ages 18 and up. Registration required.
● Midwest Head Huggers, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. today. Registration required.
Tecumseh District Library
215 N. Ottawa St.; 517-423-2238.
● Journey with Kniest Syndrome, 7 p.m. April 16. Free.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Health fair, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday. Screenings include blood pressure, sugar, pulse rate, and video ear inspections.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Annual spring rummage sale, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday.
JFS Senior Adult Center
2700 Pelham Road., Toledo; 419-531-2119.
Doctor and grocery bus, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. weekdays.
Card club, April 18.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Zingo, 10:30 a.m. today.
Site Council meeting, 10:45 a.m. Wednesday.
Music with Lois Badenhop, 11 a.m. today.
Music with Mark and Ellen Pember, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
Blood pressure checks, 10:15 a.m. Thursday.
Birthday celebrations, 10:45 a.m. April 16.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Music with Lois Badenhop, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Discussion with Jerry Kingsbury, 11 a.m. April 16.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Blood sugar and blood pressure checks, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Veterans’ services, 1-2 p.m. Tuesday. Call center for appointments.
Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. today.
Safe driving with AARP, 8 a.m.-noon Tuesday.
Fulton County Health Center’s Tom Gorzyca, 11 a.m. April 15.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Bingo, 10:45 a.m. Friday.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.