Erika Buri, a native of Toledo, enjoys being outside, just like many of her co-workers. Whether she's hiking at Oak Openings, or creating ideas for habitat restoration in the parks system, Ms. Buri also enjoys supporting local Sylvania restaurants, such as downtown's Dragonfly Tea Cottage.
Learn more about Erika:
1. What does your job include? I'm responsible for habitat restoration on our properties, as well as programming and any number of other things.
2. Hobbies? Knitting, hiking and canning food.
3. Something interesting about yourself. Getting ready to raise chickens.
4. Favorite hiking spot? I like to go to Oak Openings.
5. Best Sylvania restaurant? The Dragonfly Tea Cottage —they have wonderful quiche. I love their quiche.
6. Favorite vacation spot? Somewhere with rocks and water. Rocks, water and trees.
7. What was your first job? Camp counselor at YMCA camps.
8. Where were you born? Toledo
9. Favorite holiday? “Talk Like a Pirate Day.” It's in September.
10. Favorite color? Sky blue.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.