Name: Paul Weist
Job title: Captain
Where do you live: In the city of Perrysburg
1. What do you like best about working for the township? Getting the opportunity to help people in need.
2. What's an interesting story about something that happened on the job? We had received a call for a vehicle off the road on West River Rd. at around 6 a.m., just before shift change. When we arrived we found a car that had struck a tree after going airborn and it was wrapped around the tree roof first. You could literally reach out and touch the front bumper and the back bumper at same time. We were sure no one could have survived the accident. When we got out of the truck Police told us someone was in the car asking for help. It took us almost an hour and a lot of unique cutting to get the patient out of the car so life flight could take them to the hospital. I have never seen a vehicle take that much damage in an accident and have anyone in it survive. Just goes to show you, miracles can happen.
3. How long have you worked for the township? I started as a volunteer 20 years ago and have been a paid employee for 17 years.
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grow up? I had planned to go to college and become a computer programmer. The Army changed all of that.
5. What's your favorite thing to do for fun in the Perrysburg area? Perrysburg has the 577 foundation and great parks that I can spend time with my family at.
6. What's the best pizza place in this area? Myles in Bowling Green is the best.
7. What sport have you been cheering for in the summer Olympics? I've seen more swimming than anything so I guess Swimming, Go USA
8. What summer movies did you check out? Saw the Avengers with my son. Thought it was pretty cool.
9. Who is your favorite athlete? My son, he's a pretty good Lacrosse Player.
10. What's your secret talent? I play guitar for fun and my wife says I'm a "kick Butt Cook."