Heather Hoffman is the media coordinator at Lourdes University. When she's not working, she also likes to read and create art.
Learn more about Heather:
1. Where was your first job? Babysitting - best job in the world!
2. What's your favorite location in Sylvania? There are so many beautiful places in Sylvania. Of course I love Lourdes' campus, but I also love biking out at Centennial Quarry when I can convince people to go with me.
3. What's your favorite season of the year? Even though I now have mountains of leaves to rake yearly, I still love fall. You just can't beat the colors on the trees!
4. Favorite food? I wish I was more inventive - but my favorite food is definitely pizza.
5. Any hobbies? Too many to name! I am learning to hoop dance (hula hooping), and I am part of a craft circle in Detroit. I also love to read, cook, volunteer and create kooky art. The last thing I made was a pink fur monster (donation box) for Burners without Boarders - which helps the homeless in Detroit. We collected winter clothing, backpacks, and small toiletries.
6. Where were you born? Bowling Green, OH
7. Favorite holiday? Halloween - I love costumes, scary things and candy, so a holiday that combines all three is perfect.
8. Something interesting or unique about you. I was one of the artists in a large scale art-installation at Burning Man 2010 called Tiny Tropolis. 100 artists from all over the world each created a unique 12" diorama. Visitors would walk from box to box looking into each one. An extraordinary concept...I felt blessed to be a part.
9. Favorite color? I am obsessed with the color gray!
10. Best Sylvania restaurant? Kyoto Ka. I don't know if it's technically within Sylvania limits - but I count it. And it's right next door to Cake in a Cup (bonus)!
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.