Loading…
Sunday, December 28, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Wednesday, 1/31/2001

Officials point to dust, lint as cause of laundry fire

A buildup of dust and lint is believed to have started a fire last night behind the dryer units at Fabric Care Village, 1136 North Byrne Rd., that caused about $30,000 damage, fire officials said.

The coin-operated laundry just south of Dorr Street caught fire about 8:15 p.m. Toledo Fire Capt. Larry Armstrong said firefighters had to cut through the roof to extinguish flames that went into the dryer exhaust system.

Captain Armstrong said the fire was brought under control in about 45 minutes. There were no injuries. A handful of employees and customers who were in the business were evacuated.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.