Loading…
Thursday, December 25, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 4/27/2001

Toledo house sustains $90,000 in fire damages

A single-story house at 4151 Overlook Blvd. in Toledo, sustained about $90,000 damage yesterday in an accidental fire caused by an electrical short, fire officials said.

The fire started about 10:10 a.m., but officials think it was smoldering for more than two hours before the owner, Carlton Enoch, 41, smelled smoke, Mike Sbrocchi, of the fire investigation unit, said.

The blaze occurred when electrical wiring shorted out between the ceiling of the family room in the basement and the floor of the living room. Mr. Enoch told authorities he went into the family room about 7:30 a.m. and smelled an odd odor, similar to garbage, Mr. Sbrocchi said.

Later, when Mr. Enoch was getting ready to shower, he smelled smoke. He got his 21-year-old daughter, Lavee, out of the house. The smell Mr. Enoch noticed a couple of hours earlier was probably the smoldering fire, Mr. Sbrocchi said. An unidentified firefighter suffered a minor injury during the incident.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.