Loading…
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 4/30/2001

Fire in kitchen damages Champion Street house

A fire that started in the kitchen caused an estimated $40,000 damage yesterday to a two-story frame house at 319 Champion St., firefighters said.

Battalion Chief Dennis Facer said firefighters quelled the blaze about 20 minutes after it was reported at 4:21 p.m. The house, owned by Joe Pham, sustained heavy smoke damage, Chief Facer said.

The fire appeared to have been caused by an open flame in the area of the kitchen stove. Mr. Pham told firefighters nobody was cooking on the stove, Chief Facer said. No one was hurt.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.