A fire that started last night in the kitchen at Adam's Place, 2417 West Laskey Rd., caused about $5,000 damage to the popular restaurant, authorities said.
Firefighters were called about 10:30 p.m. to the restaurant. Capt. Ken Gehring said firefighters put out the blaze on a stove with a fire extinguisher minutes after they arrived.
Captain Gehring said the Toledo-Lucas County health department was notified of the fire. He said the kitchen received smoke damage. There were no customers in the restaurant. Employees were closing the restaurant for the night when the fire occurred, Captain Gehring said.
An employee, who asked not to be identified, said last night that the restaurant might not be open for lunch today but might be open for dinner tonight.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.