Loading…
Friday, August 01, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 9/28/2001

Blaze drives firefighter from Perrysburg home

A chimney fire yesterday caused an estimated $50,000 damage to a single-family house at 509 East Indiana Ave. in Perrysburg, Depu|ty fire Chief Wade Johnson said.

Mike Wilson, an off-duty Perrysburg firefighter, the owner of the house, was home alone when the blaze was reported at 5:19 p.m. He escaped unhurt before the first crews arrived two minutes later.

The chimney caught on fire as a result of a fire burning in the fireplace. The blaze spread to the attic of the two-story frame structure before it was extinguished within an hour, the chief said. Mr. Wilson and his family spent the night at a relative's house in Maumee.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.