Loading…
Monday, July 28, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Thursday, 10/11/2001

Dryer fire in mobile home is fatal to family's pet

A dryer fire that spread through a mobile home caused about $10,000 damage and killed a family's dog at Twin Wall Village about 3 p.m. yesterday, authorities said.

The unattended electric dryer was operating when it caught fire, spreading flames down a hallway to a bedroom and a living room at 2757 Tremainsville Rd., Lot 501. The accumulation of lint in the lint trap and the vent leading from the dryer to the outside contributed to the blaze, Battalion Fire Chief Frank Keating said.

The trailer owner, Jennifer Webster, left the dryer running when she went to pick up her children from school. Someone who saw smoke coming from the trailer called 911. The family dog died from smoke inhalation.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.