Monday, May 04, 2015
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Sunday, 10/27/2002

Rossford fire damage estimated at $70,000

A grease fire yesterday caused $70,000 damage to a single-family house at 541 Graceway St. in Rossford, authorities said.

The fire started about 1:20 p.m. in the kitchen when grease on the stove burst into flames and quickly spread. The homeowners, Edward and Debbie Tucholski, were home at the time.

By the time firefighters arrived five minutes after the Tucholskis reported the blaze at 1:23 p.m., the kitchen of the two-story, wood frame house was fully engulfed in flames, Rossford Fire Chief James Verbosky said.

Firefighters had the fire under control in 20 minutes, by which time the whole house sustained heavy smoke damage, Chief Verbosky said.

Recommended for You

Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.