A grease fire yesterday caused $70,000 damage to a single-family house at 541 Graceway St. in Rossford, authorities said.
The fire started about 1:20 p.m. in the kitchen when grease on the stove burst into flames and quickly spread. The homeowners, Edward and Debbie Tucholski, were home at the time.
By the time firefighters arrived five minutes after the Tucholskis reported the blaze at 1:23 p.m., the kitchen of the two-story, wood frame house was fully engulfed in flames, Rossford Fire Chief James Verbosky said.
Firefighters had the fire under control in 20 minutes, by which time the whole house sustained heavy smoke damage, Chief Verbosky said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.