An accidental fire yesterday caused about $30,000 damage to a two-story house at 240 East Manhattan Blvd., Toledo fire investigator Dale Pelz said.
The fire was electrical, starting in between two studs in the wall between a bathroom and bedroom on the second floor. The owner, Celia Woods reported the blaze about 10:10 p.m.
She heard a sound, saw fire in the bathroom ceiling, got herself and her dog out of the house, and called 911, Mr. Pelz said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.