Loading…
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Thursday, 4/10/2003

Boy sets fire, damages North Erie residence

A 5-year-old boy playing with a lighter yesterday started a fire that caused about $20,000 damage to a two-story house at 1972 North Erie St., Toledo fire Investigator Dale Pelz said.

The boy set fire to underwear in a rear sitting room in an apartment on the first floor just before noon. The boy then got his grandmother, Tammy Miller, 45, who was watching him in her apartment. When Ms. Miller saw the fire, she and the boy fled, Mr. Pelz said.

A dog died in the fire. Smoke detectors in the house, owned by Brian and Pamela Byrd, of Toledo, worked properly.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.