Loading…
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 4/14/2003

Fire causes $18K damage to Bancroft St. apartment

A fire in an apartment kitchen ignited cabinets and spread into the attic last night at 5240 West Bancroft St., Battalion Chief Eric Renzhofer said.

A woman was frying food on the stove in the second-floor apartment about 8:30 p.m. when the grease caught fire, he said. She and a neighbor called the fire department after they failed to put out the flames.

The woman and a child in the apartment escaped unharmed. Damage was estimated at $18,000.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.