A chimney fire caused about $5,000 damage to a home at 2632 Sherbrooke Rd. yesterday, Toledo Fire Battalion Chief Eric Renzhofer said.
The blaze started about 10:15 a.m. when flames from a gas log ignited wood inside the chimney's brick, Chief Renzhofer said. He said it took firefighters about 10 minutes to put out the blaze.
Norman Robinson, 94, who leases the home, and seven other family members were not hurt, Chief Renzhofer said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.