Friday, February 12, 2016
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 4/14/2003

Fire damages W. Toledo home

A chimney fire caused about $5,000 damage to a home at 2632 Sherbrooke Rd. yesterday, Toledo Fire Battalion Chief Eric Renzhofer said.

The blaze started about 10:15 a.m. when flames from a gas log ignited wood inside the chimney's brick, Chief Renzhofer said. He said it took firefighters about 10 minutes to put out the blaze.

Norman Robinson, 94, who leases the home, and seven other family members were not hurt, Chief Renzhofer said.

Recommended for You

Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.