Loading…
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Tuesday, 7/1/2003

Electrical short sparks fire on Thelma Drive

An electrical fire yesterday caused about $30,000 damage to a one-story house at 3313 Thelma Drive, Toledo fire Investigator Michael Smith said.

He said the fire was started by an electrical short in the ceiling area at the back of the house about 1:15 a.m. It was basically caused by an overload in the wiring, he said.

The occupant, Gregory Hurst, 39, was sleeping when a neighbor awakened him and told him the house was on fire. His mother, Mary Fisher, owns the residence.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.