Loading…
Monday, July 28, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Wednesday, 8/13/2003

8 east-side residents displaced by house fire

An electrical short ignited a fire yesterday in a home at 572 Milton St. in East Toledo, causing an estimated $30,000 in damage, battalion Fire Chief Mark Klein said.

Several residents in the house at the time noticed smoke in the kitchen about 4 p.m. They determined it was coming from the basement, called 911, and fled to safety, Chief Klein said.

Flames were confined to the basement, but there was smoke damage throughout the one-story frame house. The cause was a short in an extension cord connected to a gas stove. There were no injuries.

The house is owned by Donna Robinson. The Red Cross was called to help find temporary shelter for the four adults and four children who live in the house.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.