Loading…
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Thursday, 8/14/2003

Candle ignites home fire; residents unharmed

LIMA, Ohio — An unattended candle appears to be the cause of a late-night blaze that destroyed a home Tuesday.

Lima firefighters responded to a call at 11:23 p.m. and found the home at 666 East Linden in flames. The four adults living there were unharmed.

According to the fire department's report, the fire began after the occupants went to sleep. A candle was left burning because the electricity had gone out earlier that evening. It took the department more than an hour to extinguish the blaze.

The house was considered a loss. The flames also damaged the neighboring house.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.