Loading…
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Tuesday, 11/18/2003

Historic Island House Inn damaged in Saturday fire

PORT CLINTON — A fire early Saturday that caused $150,000 damage to the historic Island House Inn has been ruled accidental.

Port Clinton Fire Chief Charles O'Neal said yesterday that the fire started after a piece of shelving rubber became lodged next to a vent in a clothes dryer, which was operating at the time. The blaze, which was reported at 2:45 a.m., was confined to the inn's laundry room, but the rest of the structure received water and smoke damage, Chief O'Neal said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.