Loading…
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: 7/8/2004

Lima house fire leaves family of 5 homeless

LIMA, Ohio - A family of five was burned out of its home yesterday morning by an electrical fire that caused $25,000 in damage.

There were no injuries.

Jeremy Williams; his wife, Amy; and their three children escaped the burning house at 1099 North Main St. in northern Lima before the Lima Fire Department reached the scene, Platoon Chief Morris Martin said.

The fire started because of an electrical short in a wall between the first and second floor, and was confined to the second floor and the attic area, Chief Martin said.

The Allen County Chapter of the American Red Cross provided blankets and teddy bears for the children, said David Collins, executive director for the Allen County Chapter.

The Red Cross was not asked to provide shelter.

The Williams family rents the house from owner Willie Robertson, and the house is valued at $40,000, according to the Lima Fire Department.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Points of Interest