FOSTORIA - A house on Wood Street was damaged yesterday in a fire authorities said was started accidentally by smoking materials.
Firefighters were called to 409 South Wood at 9:15 a.m. and found flames coming from the home's kitchen, second floor, and attic, Capt. Boyce McConnell said. No one was home, and no one was hurt. Captain McConnell said fire crews brought the blaze under control in about an hour.
He said the house sustained moderate damage. A damage estimate was not available. Captain McConnell said the fire was not related to a string of 10 suspected arsons that have been started in the neighborhood recently.