Loading…
Friday, July 25, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Sunday, 9/5/2004

Blaze in kitchen leaves S. Toledo man homeless

A fire in the kitchen of a South Toledo apartment last evening left the resident homeless because of smoke damage throughout the dwelling, authorities said.

Lee Covington, the occupant of the apartment in a 10-unit single-story building at 2844 Airport Hwy., near Barclay Drive, was cooking about 6 p.m. when flames engulfed the kitchen, fire Capt. Brent Wettle said.

Mr. Covington, who was not hurt, was being assisted last night by the Red Cross.

Captain Wettle estimated the damage at $30,000.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.