An apartment fire on Secor Road was contained to the unit s kitchen area, causing $10,000 in damage, Toledo Fire Department officials said.
Battalion Chief Tony Gregory said the fire, at a lower unit at 4133 Secor, started near the stove in the kitchen about 12:44 p.m. He said it had not been determined if something was cooking on the stove or if an electrical glitch caused the fire.
Chief Gregory said the unit s occupant, Bridget Gifford, came home shortly after the fire started. He said no one was hurt during the fire, which was under investigation yesterday.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.