Monday, August 31, 2015
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Sunday, 1/2/2005

Apartment kitchen fire causes $10,000 damage

An apartment fire on Secor Road was contained to the unit s kitchen area, causing $10,000 in damage, Toledo Fire Department officials said.

Battalion Chief Tony Gregory said the fire, at a lower unit at 4133 Secor, started near the stove in the kitchen about 12:44 p.m. He said it had not been determined if something was cooking on the stove or if an electrical glitch caused the fire.

Chief Gregory said the unit s occupant, Bridget Gifford, came home shortly after the fire started. He said no one was hurt during the fire, which was under investigation yesterday.

Recommended for You

Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.