Loading…
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Sunday, 1/2/2005

Use of lighter in closet blamed for house blaze

A fire yesterday on Maplewood Avenue in Toledo damaged a bedroom and caused $10,000 in damage.

The blaze at 2474 Maplewood started at 11:14 a.m., Battalion Chief Tony Gregory said. Theresa Simpson and her three children, boys ages 15, 14, 13, all escaped from the apartment without injury.

Chief Gregory said the fire started in the bedroom area of the central-city home. Ms. Simpson said she was in her bedroom closet and lit a lighter when clothes caught fire.

No one was hurt and the fire was under investigation yesterday, Chief Gregory said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.