Loading…
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 1/10/2005

Smoke from house fire injures E. Toledo woman

A woman suffered minor smoke inhalation during a basement fire in the 1500 block of Milroy Street in East Toledo yesterday morning, fire officials said.

Toledo firefighters responded to the blaze shortly after 10 a.m. at 1525 Milroy. Battalion Chief Jerry Abair said the fire started in the basement of the home when unattended candles caught a computer and surrounding material on fire.

Chief Abair said Gloria Green, 50, searched for her boyfriend, Larry Bradley, 53, several times inside the home before leaving because of heavy smoke.

Mr. Bradley, though, said he left to eat breakfast before the blaze and returned while firefighters were at the scene. Chief Abair said Ms. Green had some smoke inhalation and was considering medical treatment.

He said the fire was contained to the basement and estimated the damage at $10,000.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.