Loading…
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 1/28/2005

Victim of house fire in Michigan identified

JONESVILLE - A 48-year-old man who died in a fire Tuesday that destroyed a Scipio Township home has been identified as David Wright. Mr. Wright lived in the home with Marla Hawley and their four teenage children.

Firefighters arrived shortly after 7 a.m. at the scene, where they found a two-story wood home engulfed in flames.

After the fire was brought under control, firefighters found Mr. Wright at the base of the stairs leading to the second floor.

Ms. Hawley and the children left the home about 6:30.

Investigators believe the fire began in a wood-burning stove. Ms. Hawley told Hillsdale County sheriff's deputies she loaded the stove with wood before she left the house.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.