Loading…
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Thursday, 2/10/2005

<font face="verdana" size="1" color =#CC0000><b>* NEW * </b></font> Man dies in central Toledo blaze

An elderly man died this morning in a house fire in central Toledo that a fire investigator said was triggered by combustibles accidentally left too close to an electric space heater.

The body of the victim, who has not been positively identified, was found just inside the front door of the one-story house at 747 Nebraska Ave. The blaze, reported shortly after 8 a.m., began in the front room where the man was found.

Authorities said a woman who owns the residence and is the man s caretaker left the house with a friend about 20 minutes before the fire was reported.

Read more in later editions of The Blade and toledoblade.com.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.