What started as a kitchen fire yesterday caused extensive smoke damage to a house at 1245 Archbold-Whitehouse Rd. in Providence Township, authorities said.
The only occupant of the two-story, wood-frame house, whose name was unavailable, escaped unhurt by the time fire crews arrived about 11:45 a.m. and found the fire in the kitchen, Whitehouse Assistant Fire Chief Bill May said.
Firefighters from the Providence Township and the Whitehouse fire departments had the fire under control within 15 minutes. The blaze, which started when food cooking on the stove caught fire, was confined to the kitchen. No damage estimate was available last night.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.