LIMA, Ohio A 19-year old woman died in a fire Saturday caused by an electric heater too close to a blanket on her bed.
Denise Forest was home alone when a neighbor called the Lima Fire Department about 7:30 a.m. reporting smoke coming from the house at 1520 South Central Ave., assistant fire Chief Tony DePalma said.
The neighbor had observed Ms. Forest let the dog out about 20 minutes earlier.
In addition to the heater in her first-floor bedroom, Ms. Forest turned on the oven and a stove burner, apparently as a heat source, Chief DePalma said.
Her 1-year-old son was staying with relatives.
Chief DePalma estimated $18,000 damage to the two-story wood frame house.40.74269 -84.10729