Loading…
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: 4/27/2005

Fire at Start High School ruins sound equipment

A problem last night with a sound system amplifier at Start High School caused a fire that ruined the unit, fire officials said.

A school employee cleaning up after a concert in the school's auditorium saw the unit on fire on the stage about 8:35 p.m. and called 911.

The school, at 2100 Tremainsville Rd., was vacant at the time, which was about 40 minutes after the concert was over, Toledo fire Capt. Larry Armstrong said

Fire crews arrived two minutes after they were dispatched at 8:38 p.m., found the unit ablaze, and had the fire under control in 10 minutes, before it could spread beyond the unit, Captain Armstrong said.

Fire damage was estimated at $10,000, Captain Armstrong said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.