A kitchen fire last night caused about $45,000 damage to an apartment at 3610 North Erie St., fire officials said.
The blaze started at 8:30 p.m. in the first-floor unit of the two-story Regina Manor apartment building from something cooking on a rear burner of the gas stove, fire Investigator Michael Smith said.
The fire spread to the cabinets above the stove. It was contained to the kitchen, but other apartments in the building had some smoke damage, the investigator said. No one was hurt, Mr. Smith said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.