Loading…
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 10/28/2005

Fire in bedroom causes $10,000 damage to home

A child playing with a lighter started a fire in a bedroom of a North Toledo house yesterday, causing $10,000 damage.

A 4-year-old boy caught a clothes basket on fire in a bedroom at 1211 Page St. about 12:20 p.m., Battalion Fire Chief Tony Gregory said.

Those inside the one-story house saw smoke, called 911, and got everyone outside. The blaze was contained to the bedroom, but there was smoke throughout the house, the chief said.

He said the boy s grandmother, Bobby Knox, owns the house. She, two other adults, and one or two other children were inside at the time of the fire. No one was hurt.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.