Loading…
Friday, April 18, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: 11/6/2005

Electrical short sparks fire in vacant north-side house

A electrical short inside a vacant house on Toledo s north side yesterday resulted in a fire that caused $50,000 damage.

The fire, reported at 3:53 a.m., began in the upper level of a two-story house at 1133 North Huron St.

It caused $40,000 damage to that structure.

The blaze spread to an adjacent two-story, vacant house at 1137 North Huron, causing $10,000 damage, Battalion Fire Chief Jerry Abair said.

Both homes are owned by Salem Lutheran Church.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.