Loading…
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Sunday, 11/13/2005

Cooking turkey sparks blaze at mobile home

An early Thanksgiving celebration yesterday led to a fire that destroyed one side of a mobile home in East Toledo, authorities said.

A family was deep-frying a turkey outside the home about 5:30 p.m. at Lot 53 in Ridgewood Community, 2510 Consaul St., when the grease ignited, spreading fire to the side of the home, Fire Capt. Norm Mielke said.

The blaze, which caused about $5,000 damage, did not spread to the inside. The deep fryer was only three feet from the home and was unattended when the fire started two things to avoid this holiday, the captain said.

All seven people inside at the time evacuated unhurt. Residents stayed with relatives last night, Captain Mielke said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.