Loading…
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 11/18/2005

North-side apartment fire leaves 7 people homeless

Seven people were left homeless last night after a fire at a four-family apartment being converted into a boarding house in North Toledo caused about $2,500 damage, authorities said.

The electrical fire started about 7:20 p.m. in the attic of the two-story building at 2207 Lagrange St., near Yates Street, Battalion Fire Chief Christine Davis said.

Fire crews were on the scene for about an hour while they extinguished the smoldering fire in the rafters and insulation and cleaned up the attic. No injuries were reported.

The seven adults were assisted with temporary housing by Greater Toledo Area Chapter of the American Red Cross. They couldn t stay in the building because the electricity was disconnected and the gas furnace uses electric fans to move heat through the building, Chief Davis said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.