Loading…
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: 11/23/2005

Fire causes $10,000 in damage to auto shop

A fire yesterday caused about $10,000 damage to D&R Auto Repair in North Toledo, fire officials said.

The blaze just after midnight at 1810 Chestnut St. was caused by combustibles placed too close to a wood-burning stove.

Firefighters found flames a few feet inside a door. A small fire at the wood burner ignited the combustibles, and the blaze extended to an adjacent office area, officials said.

They listed the owner as Horace Greer.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.