Loading…
Monday, September 22, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Sunday, 12/4/2005

Electrical short ignites fire on Dahlia Drive

An electrical short caused about $5,000 damage to a vacant house in North Toledo yesterday, authorities said.

Fire crews were called to 4202 Dahlia Drive about 4:15 p.m. and found smoke coming from the rear of the house, Battalion Fire Chief Christine Davis said.

A short in the electrical wiring near the back door caused a smoldering fire in the rear of the three-bedroom home, the chief said.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in just a few minutes and no one was hurt, she said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.