Loading…
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Sunday, 12/11/2005

Dog dies in fire at West Toledo home

An electrical fire yesterday caused about $40,000 damage to a West Toledo home, authorities said.

Firefighters were called to 313 West Oakland St. shortly before 5 p.m. and found flames shooting from the windows and door in the kitchen, Battalion Fire Chief Frank Keating said.

The fire started in the wall of the kitchen and spread to the living room and bedrooms upstairs, the chief said. There were three electric space heaters in the home, some using extension cords, which likely overloaded the circuits and caused the fire, Chief Keating said.

The home is being rented by Percy Bogan, who was not there at the time. His dog, which was in a cage in an upstairs bedroom, died of smoke inhalation, the chief said. No people were hurt in the fire.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.