A two-unit apartment building in West Toledo was severely damaged yesterday after a dog knocked over a kerosene heater, authorities said.
The wood-frame building at 316 East Weber St. began burning about 7:40 p.m. The four adults and one child who lived there escaped unharmed, firefighters said.
Fire officials estimated the damage at about $15,000.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.