A fire caused $35,000 damage to a two-bedroom West Toledo home last night and displaced a family of three, officials said.
The blaze started about 8:50 p.m. in the attic of the home of Deborah Browning, 2546 Westbrook Drive, Battalion Fire Chief Tony Gregory said.
The fire has been ruled accidental and was believed to have started from wiring in the attic near the chimney. The fire was mostly in the attic and second-floor loft of the two-bedroom home, the chief said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.