Loading…
Friday, December 26, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Tuesday, 2/28/2006

Wiring blamed for fire at West Toledo home

A West Toledo home was damaged yesterday after overheated electrical wiring ignited attic insulation, authorities said.

The lone female resident of the home at 1374 Gage Rd. escaped after hearing the fire crackling through the ceiling of her computer room about 4 p.m., Battalion Fire Chief Bill Sulewski said. Buried wiring or an electrical outlet likely overheated the attic's cellulose insulation, he said. Firefighters contained the blaze to the attic of the single-story house. The chief estimated the damage at $20,000.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.